18 September 2012

KTKC

OK.

I asked before I posted this if it would be OK.

One of my friends from the old Impala SS club has been fighting prostate cancer for a long time now.

The shit's metastasized into other places now.

It's not a fun thing like a bribe to bring up.  It's a sob story because we kinda know it's not going to end well.

I set my goal this year at a meager $500.  Not enough to win anything, of course.

I want to help because Garry DID get extra time from the research we donated to pay for last year and he's getting the benefit of research that's ongoing that we're paying for now.

When I mentioned the whole KTKC cancer thing and what I hoped to collect and that some other bloggers were offering prizes for donations, Garry said, "shouldn't have to do that to get people to donate."

He's right.  We shouldn't have to.

It works and it gets people to donate, but c'mon people.  The point isn't the fabulous prizes; the point is that the money will help save lives.  I think we're forgetting that in our KTKC posts.

Click that picture in the upper right and donate!  There's no rule that says you can only donate the one time.  There's no rule that says you can only donate through one blogger.  The site stats say over 100 people visit here every day and just $10 from each of you will go a long ways towards fighting some pretty nasty cancers.  Just four of you have donated a total of $140 here and $100 of it was one person.

I don't offer prizes, just guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.