21 September 2012

And I Thought Being A Brony Was Bad

Admit you own and wear a kilt on Arfcom...

Wow, the insecurity level is insane.  Literally insane.

This is the exact sort of intolerance that really makes we wish we had another political paradigm.

Their argument is best summed up as:


Should I go off on things I don't understand and attack you for them?  Do you like professional ball sports?  I don't.  I never have.  I don't understand how you, a spectator, can talk about the game as if it had a material effect on your life and as if you are a participant in some way.  You.  Watched.  Millionaires.  Play.  A.  Game.

I don't get it, but I don't think you should be barred from it either.  While some who watch sports may have some genuine transference issues and perhaps an inability to give up a portion of their high-school persona that likely isn't the majority of the fans.

In the immortal words of Mike Muir:

Just cause you don't understand what's going on
...don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it,
...don't mean it ain't no good
And let me tell you something
Before you go taking a walk in my world,
...you better take a look at the real world
Cause this ain't no Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
Can you say "feel like shit?"
Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I ain't happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit!
And if I offended you, Oh I'm sorry
But, maybe you needed to be offended
But here's my apology and one more thing... fuck you!
Cause you can't bring me down

PS:

I seem to collect interests that cause shit to be thrown at me.  I played role playing games in high school.  I like punk, heavy-metal and brit-nouveau and started liking them in a decidedly country-western part of the country.  I have friends who are gay.  I like anime and enjoy most animation.  I read comic books.  I read science fiction.  I have friends who are cross-dressers.  I am a gun owner.  I am a car-guy.  I wear a kilt from time to time.

What I am not:  I am not gay.  I am not a cross-dresser or transvestite or confused about my sex or gender.  I am not a pedophile or pederast.  I am not a follower of any organized religion.  I am not a Republican, Democrat or Libertarian.

3 comments:

  1. Clearly, this makes you racist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am an equal opportunity bigot: I hate everyone regardless of race, sex or creed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a reason I avoid that wretched hive of scum and villainy, and it's this: I'd make too many of those drooling morons cry and get banned.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.