26 September 2012

Next To Nothing

There are days where it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Autumn is miserable time of year for me, the change of the seasons brings pain.

Every single place there was a break on my legs aches.  Today Advil is not cutting it.  I am grumpy and short tempered of late.  I apologize to anyone who's had their head bitten off.

What this reminds me of is there's some issues associated with my disability and shooting.

I did not break any records when I gave three-gun a try a couple years ago.  Hard to make a timely move from one station to the next when you're going thump-drag, thump-drag with your gimpy right peg.

It's the core of my weight problem too.  I just can't get aerobic without it turning into white-hot lances of pain.

SIGH.

Messed up enough to be disabled, but not enough to even get special parking.

This problem will also rear its ugly head with some gun-games where I'd have to carry a bunch of stuff along.  It was really an issue at the second carbine class where we had to bring "tactical kit".  It was kinda worth the pain at the fuss they made over my c1988 ALICE web gear.

5 comments:

  1. (((Would a virtual hug help? It's no blue parking placard, but it's sincere...)))

    Oh, and hey, does hay fever trigger your pain? If so, you might give Mucinex a try. Not for your sinuses, and I don't understand why, but it's a very safe drug and there's some not-yet-approved data suggesting that it it helps with immune/allergy related pain. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's barometer and temperature related. When the temps start swinging more than 10 degrees at night it's really bad. Autumn is when the 15-20 degree swings start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Feel Your Pain.

    As far as aerobic exercise, have you tried bicycling? (I can't run either, at least not regularly, not with all the hardware in my leg.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do bike a bit, the problem with that is there's nothing within a reasonable distance I need to get to often enough to make it a regular thing. Yes, that's an excuse. A character flaw I am attempting to address.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.