03 June 2014

And Then

There was the actual killer dungeon.

Standing Bear started the tradition.

It's a dungeon setting where you bring in any character that's been run in a previous world and everyone plays until everyone is dead.

Bear was, shall we say, more sporting than I was.

The situation was that I'd run out of material for MY world because they managed to bypass a couple of the problems I'd placed.  I needed the between session break to make more stuff up, but they wanted to keep playing.

So, they said, "run a killer dungeon!"

I said that it wasn't really my thing and I attempted to get out of it.

"C'mon!" they insisted.

Fine.

I established some rules for myself.  Nothing that would just kill them outright, they got a chance for the dice to save them.  Nothing unless at least one person in the party had a defense against it.

The Maxim in an utter dome behind an illusionary wall got a lot of them.

Because Anglave's character had NBC Warfare and a MOPP suit, I threw nerve gas at them.

In short order, everyone was dead.

And they were pissed.  Well not Anglave or FuzzyGeff.

1, you asked for it.  2, I said I didn't want to play this; so why would I be merciful?

FuzzyGeff and Anglave were more philosophical because they understood that nothing that happened in this one-off killer dungeon affected their characters in the slightest in their home settings; and that most of the characters settings were no longer being run anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.