29 June 2014

Personality

On occasion, we talk about winning the lottery.

Being a car guy, "what car would you get?" comes up.

I'd prolly get a new Corvette.

Why not a Ferrari?  Aston Martin?  Lamborghini?

Dunno.  I think I just like the 'Vette personality better.

The ultimate lottery car, for me, would be a C5 or C6 suspension and drivetrain concealed under the body of a C3.  The reason it's a lottery car is you start with a complete 1997-2004 Corvette, a complete 1968-1982 Corvette and a special order custom frame then hours and hours of labor.

Loving the looks of the third generation Corvette is a symptom of my age.

I've also a hankering for a '40's style body on modern running gear; but it's a nebulous urge.  I've no specific car in mind just an ideal that doesn't coalesce into a consistent image.

2 comments:

  1. The C3 is the best looking Corvette!

    Not sure what I'd get. Aston Martins are nice, GT500 Mustangs are nice (and cheaper), but really I don't know if I'd love any of them the right way. Saw a guy at a local restaurant who pulled up in a Bently Continental GT. After we exchanged pleasantries he noted he rarely even got into the powerband on that monster.

    I might just want to get a tube-frame roadster like the Ariel Atom....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. We're of an age, and yet I find the C3 to be... er, kind of excessively phallic, and prefer the C2, closely followed by the C4. (The C4, BTW, is one of the great examples of clean and sparing automobile design. Like the R129 Benz SLs and the first generation Lexus SCs, history will be very kind to it.)

    To your latter wish, once upon a time, at a shop that specialized in stuffing small-block Chevies into Volvos and XJ6s, I saw a fat-fendered '53 or '54 pickup with a cracked windshield... and the entire front end, hood and fenders, tipped forward to reveal that everything underneath was from a '69 Z/28; crossram 302 and all. I still dream about that truck. I should have done whatever it took to buy it. It was the sleepingest sleeper in Sleeperville.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.