13 June 2014

Theoretical Load

Either Dottie or Kaylee will be grabbed when SHTF.

The Tactical Purse carries six magazines.  For Kaylee that's 210 rounds total, for Dottie that's 175.

Kaylee, including the Knight's 600m folding sight (not the micro) is 7.3 lb. loaded.

Plus 6 for the spare magazines.
Plus 0.8 for the Aimpoint CompM4s.
Plus 0.2 for the Surefire X300.
Plus 0.3 for the MS3 sling.

14.6 lb.

Dottie has the micro 600m sight and a base for the SUIT installed.  8.6 lb. loaded.

Plus 7.8 for the spare magazines.
Plus 1 for the SUIT.
Plus 0.2 for the X300
Plus 0.3 for the sling.

17.9 lb.  I feel like a Jarhead now.

Also in my SHTF there is no body armor.  I own a PASGT vest and helmet but I don't plan on wearing them.  My tubby, gimpy ass can't really take the weight.  And truth be told this planning has a lot more to do with scenarios where the GM makes me play a simulacrum of myself than an actual war plan.  The purse supplies are really to have ammo ready in a hurricane Andrew scenario defending the house and property than a "take that hill from the evol gubmint minions" threeper deal.

It's fun to compare though.

Edited to add...

If I were rich again...  I'd swap out the SUIT for a Trijicon TA31H-68G.  That'd take 0.5 lb. off the gun because the mount is integral to the scope.  The scope itself tares in at 13.9 oz with it's mount (0.9 lb.).

So I'd get down to 17.3 overall.  For just $1,500 extra...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.