26 February 2013

Backorder

Ordered the furniture from Midway.  The CTR stock was "Out of Stock, Backorder OK, Expected 2/25/13"

It didn't come in as expected.

That changed to overdue then to 4/10/13.

I am sure it's not their fault, but I don't want to wait a month and a half and pay shipping twice.

So I cancelled the order on the stock and searched for "foliage green ctr" on Bing.

Amazon is the first hit.

They have 85 in stock and free shipping for about the same time frame as the $6 shipping from Midway.  Sweet!

Wait, didn't I just hear that Amazon was anti-gun and refuses to sell "assault weapon related parts"?  Um.  I just bought an AR buttstock straight from them, not one of their associated vendors...

PS: I knew that Amazon stocked the parts I wanted all along.  I went with Midway because they specialize in my gun habit and are vocally part of the NYFS boycott.  I like to support the places that support me.  I'll throw some business at Amazon too, because it encourages them to continue to carry this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.