12 February 2013

Gritty Trigger

You read about trigger pull being "gritty".

I'd just never expected it to be literally true.

There's a plunger on the back of the trigger on a Ruger Mk I, it pushes up on the disconnector.

The oil that I'd put on that plunger had turned very gray since the cleaning I gave it a few weeks ago with lots of dry firing but no rounds down range.

So I applied a lot of LSA to the spot and starting working the plunger up and down wiping out BLACK lubricant now and adding fresh until the LSA stayed its normal semen color.  (You just knew there'd be a sex reference with talk of plungers and lube, right?)

So, after a bunch more cleaning, I put it back together and pull the trigger.  CLICK.

Where did the little gritty feeling go?

I have so many old, cheap guns with gravel-like triggers that I didn't really notice the grit until it was gone.

All in all, it's nice when you fix something and it didn't cost anything and you were already happy with it being "broken".

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.