DISCLAIMER

No good can come of reading the contents of this blog.

Viewing or use of this blog or any contents or links contained herein by any person or entity within the confines of the states of Arizona and/or Tennessee is prohibited .

Violators of this policy agree to hold the owner of this blog, its contents and all links contained herein, harmless to any harm or offense taken or perceived.

Permission to use any content on this site is explicitly denied to Robert Farago, his family, his friends, his associates, his pets, and his employees and/or employer and/or their employees either in part or whole.

24 February 2013

I'm Shot!


Sitting next to that unfired round of .45 ACP hollow point is a spent armor piercing .50 BMG bullet.

I was hit by that bullet in late 1988.

Hit me 5" below my right nipple.

After I got my breath back, I was fine.  I'm Superman!

Actually it was a ricochet from a nearby range at Grafenwöhr, Germany.  It spanged off some range, skipped off the turret deck and into my PASGT vest.  I was standing in the loader's hatch and it knocked the breath right out of me, I fell down to the turret floor and was quite confused about what had happened to me.

I found the above bullet in the weave of my vest.  I'm the only person I know to fill out the Natick forms from the pocket of a flak vest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try to remember you are a guest here when you comment. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention.