03 October 2008

Rubicon Has Been Crossed



Picked up the Mac Pro tonight. Dual 2.8ghz, 320mb HD, 2gb RAM, nVidia 8800GT upgrade. Got The Boy a purple iPod Nano, OSX 10.5.4 for The Lovely Harvey's machine (if she wants it) and a copy of Parallels.

Ordered two Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP from Dell (duh).
Ordered two 1tb Seagate 7200.11 SATA drives and a copy of XP from Newegg. I would have ordered RAM, but they are out of 2x1gb kits. For just $50 more I could have gotten a 2x2gb kit, but I am unsure if I can mix and match 2x2 + 2x1.

Yes, I paid more for the box than I would have if I had just made a windows box. Games and CAD are all I want a windows box for; everything else I prefer the Mac OS and after my Linux experiment, have no desire to do another do-it-yourself-you're-on-your-own OS.

In a related bit of humor; FuzzyGeff is the person who talked me out of stealing music and into Apples. He refuses to use iTunes, buy an iPod or a new Apple because of their EULAs. He finally convinces me to switch, just as he gets fed up with them! Ah, irony, we meet again.

UPDATE: Add a desk to the pile. The Boy is getting the old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.