05 April 2009

Comments Policy

I do treasure comments, but try to remember that I have stuck my own opinions out here to be flayed. I do have a personal stake in what I have said. This is ME that is here. There is a substantial emotional risk to stating one's opinion in public.

If your opinion differs, tell me in your own words. Use your own opinion, I used mine. Don't just link me to people who disagree. Don't just repeat someone else's words without sourcing.

If you find your reply is getting to be longer than the post you are replying to, you should really start writing for yourself on your own blog or Live Journal. Clearly you have something to say and deserve to say it where you make the rules!

I detest devil's advocacy when not prefaced as such. Remember, a devil's advocate does not subscribe to the position, he merely is taking it to help find flaws or illustrate the point. Unless you say you are taking the devil's position, you will the treated as if that is your own mind.

Do not quote the mainstream media and chide me for using biased sources.

Feel free to agree with me! When all one hears is people disagreeing all the time, one feels so very alone.

If you agree but think I said it poorly, then tell me! I want to say it well. I want the people on the fence to move to my side of the yard. I don't want to drive people to the other side.

Ask questions! Ask for clarification. Ask if I really meant it the way it was said. I am not a professional writer, I am an amateur.

I know there are more than three people reading this, but I rarely (if ever) hear from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.