09 April 2009

$5k 10 Guns 1 Hour

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=7297745&page=1

Not one law broken.

I really hate how they act like what Mr Samaha did was made illegal, but someone forgot to mention private sales at gun shows so while it's technically legal, it was supposed to have been banned when they made it a requirement to have an FFL.

Since he didn't fill out any paperwork it had to have been 10 private sales. If he'd bought from a dealer, he would have had to fill out an ATF form 4473, produce valid ID and wait for the FBI NICS check, and that's just the federal stuff, Virginia might have other requirements. Florida does. In Florida when you buy from a dealer you need to have a concealed carry license or you're waiting five business days to take a handgun home, or three business days for a long gun in some counties.

Private sellers are not bound by these laws. We don't pay sales tax on the sale either! Neener neener!

Some people have drawn some parallels between buying guns and alcohol.

I think that those are very apt.

I don't need a liquor license to hand out drinks in my home. I don't need to check ID. A bar does. They need a liquor license to sell drinks. Is this called the "living room loophole"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.