15 September 2010

The Fallacy Of Giving Them What They Want

I direct you to the tragic tale of the Dr William Petit Jr family of Cheshire, Connecticut.

The mother paid the killers the $15,000 they asked for and it did not save her or her two daughters. Dr. Petit is alive because they didn't spend more time finishing him off and he managed to, literally, wriggle to safety while the killers murdered his family.

Mrs Petit told the teller at the bank what was going on and the police reacted too slowly to do anything.

This, more than anything else convinces me that I am on my own for at least the first thirty minutes once the bad guys make their presence known.

Arm yourself and keep it handy. You never know how much time you'll get to secure your gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.