20 September 2010

What this place is, to me.

This is where I air my thoughts.  I talk about guns, I talk about politics, I talk about religion.  I'm a low-rent philosopher.

These are my opinions, I try to back them up with facts when I can, but this is not a research paper so citations might be very spotty.  I will try to give credit where credit is due.  That applies to blame as well.

Some basic things: I am pro-gun.  I'm a heterosexual who supports gay rights.  I'm an atheist who supports freedom of religion.  I'm a disabled veteran.  I'm a father.  I'm a husband.  I'm a scoundrel.

I believe in liberty and freedom.  I feel that you have to give them to receive them.  I believe that freedom and liberty have warts and unpleasant consequences; and I don't care.  Eliminating freedoms to get the warts is exactly the wrong way to do it.

Liberty and freedom are ideals; unattainable in the real world.  That means there are limits to them.  There are things that are off limits here too.

This is my soap-box, not yours.  If you have so much to say that you are drowning out what I am trying to say; make your own blog.  I do welcome comments, however.  Remember, this is not your place; but mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.