09 October 2011

On Living In The Future

The Occupy [Wherever] thing reminds me of the thing I hate most about class warfare in the USA.

It's constantly pointed out the things the rich people have that I don't.

Like what?

Car phone?

Super car?

Air conditioning?

300 channels?

Private plane?

Of that list, the only thing I don't have is a private plane.  All of them were luxury items in 1985.

My portable phone does more than any personal computer did in '85.

The Corvette I have will stomp just about anything Italy was making in '85.

AC is no longer exceptional, it's the norm.

Satellite and cable are ubiquitous.

I'd have my own plane if it weren't for all the lawsuits that just about killed Piper and Cessna.

The rich in America aren't the haves and we aren't the have-nots.

To me they are early adopters.

2 comments:

  1. To me, they're handy beta-testers. They buy new toys when they first hit the market, when they're at their most expensive, and by the time the price comes down (as it did with, forex, DVD/Blu-Ray players) to where I can afford one, most if not all the bugs have worked out...and I didn't have to lift a finger to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very definition of EARLY ADOPTER.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.