31 October 2011

Tightening Election Laws

In general I am all for it!

There's entirely too much fraud going on.  ACORN registered around 400,000 ineligible voters for the 2008 elections, for example.

This article is opposed, I think.

I'm for photo ID of the voter being required.

I'm for making the prospective voter physically tramp down to the election office 90 days before the election to get registered.

I'm for not letting anyone but the military vote absentee.

I'm for requiring you vote in person on election day.

The vote is the most important power we have as the sovereign in this republic.  It is a right, it is a duty.  I don't want anyone voting who would trivialize this.  Someone who won't make even the smallest effort and take the time off to get to the polls is not someone I want voting with me.

Making it easier to register does not convey the import of what you are going to be doing.  I think that if some effort were required to get registered, then just maybe someone would think about what they are doing.

This is not a ploy to keep the elderly, minorities or students from voting.  Honestly, if the elderly haven't registered by now, I don't think they are going to.  Let AARP provide a bus and lunch to the registration center.

I do notice that the people who are hottest under the collar about disenfranchising the elderly, minorities and students don't have a care in the world that many of the votes the military cast in absentia weren't counted.  In some cases the courts were asked to block those votes.  I am looking at Al Gore and the 2000 Florida election in particular, but he's not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.