26 January 2012

Conversion

I've been a GURPS player since Man-To-Man.

I've owned all four editions of the game, but the most volume is by far is the third edition stuff.  Lots of goodness there.

Fourth edition changed a lot of things and is, overall, a better designed system.

Since 3rd edition was the standard for 16 years ('88-'04) there's a lot of habit to unlearn when using the new rules.

One way I have been learning the 4th edition is to convert racial templates from 3e to 4e.

Last night I started on Technomancer.

I have the Chimera and Halflings done.  The Atomic Lich is next.  The changes in edition gives some interesting changes to the point values.  The 4e version are MUCH cheaper.

I may even get inspired to pick my work on converting the old 3e Fantasy Bestiary.

If that proceeds well, I might even convert my old AD&D Monster Manual!

I've had Twilight 2000 converted for a while now.

2 comments:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.