14 January 2012

Hobbies...

One of my hobbies is flight sims.

My favorite is Thirdwire's Strike Fighter 2 series.

A neat thing about the series is there's no DRM and you can make mods to do things like add planes and play "what-if" scenarios.


F-104A of 9 Squadron; Royal Jordanian Air Force during the Six Day War.


F-104A of 9 Squadron; Royal Jordanian Air Force during the Yom Kippur War.

This is actually an F-104G that's standing in for the F-104A because I don't have a model for the A.  Close enough for "what if" work!  The Jordanians did not use their F-104s during either the Six Day War or Yom Kippur War historically.  In 1967 they hadn't taken full delivery and the US told them to move what they had to Turkey or no more support.  In 1973 Jordan actually warned Israel of the impending war.

What if #2 for this plane and squadron is going to HAVE to be playing the Six Day War campaign AGAINST Israel and then Yom Kippur on Israel's side.

The F-104 is kind of a Holy Grail plane with this series.  It was originally part of the first release of Strike Fighters way back when (2000) and has been sorely missed since it was removed from the game in later releases.

I have four versions of the Starfighter available to me that are acceptable.  F-104G and three variations of the CF-104.  I have files to add cruder versions of the F-104A (early variation without the gun) and F-104C.  They are direct ports from SF1 and are very clunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.