15 January 2012

WW2 Films...

I do not wish to belittle the accomplishments of 332nd Fighter Group during World War Two.  The Tuskegee Airmen and Red Tails are certainly good films to tell their tales.  I am not certain it needed to be told twice (with some of the same actors no less).

I've only seen one mention of the 442nd Infantry Regiment in film.  I think it deserves better than a mention-in-passing in a pop-culture popcorn film.

The 92nd and 93rd Infantry Divisions deserve better mention than Spike Lee's abominable Miracle at St Anna.  If you're going to tell their story, try to tell it in a locale where they were actually at!  The 92nd was in Italy during WW2 and the nazis massacred a bunch of people at St Anna are just about the only facts to survive filming, the book was only slightly better.

There are stories of valor untold with all of these units.  Stories that could be told better than Lucas, Spielberg or Lee can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.