08 November 2012

¡Libre!

I've found I am labeled as a conservative by many of my friends and acquaintances.

I am not.  Not really.

I am constantly asking myself why is it the government's job to...?

I'm a big fan of liberty.  Freedom if you will.

You want to take drugs?  Go for it.  It's probably not the best thing you can do to your body, but it's your body.

You want to eat the "wrong foods"?  Go for it.  It's probably not the best thing you can do to your body, but it's your body.

Wanna be gay?  Have at it.  Get married, again; hit it!  I've never understood why The State is required to provide sanction over a religious ceremony.  And honestly, if two men getting married will ruin YOUR family; it's not them ruining it.

Wanna buy a gun?  Remember the four rules.

Even a machine gun?  Same four rules and now you're spending money at cyclic rates.

I don't think abortion is murder.  However I don't think someone with religious objections to abortion should have to pay for it.

Want a car that's a death trap to the driver in an accident and gets 40 rods to the hogshead?  It's your body and you're the one buying the gas.

If you think I shouldn't do something for my own good, convince me; don't force me.

I believe that too big to fail is too big to exist.

I am into liberty.  Freedom.

I am opposed to anarchy.  Chaos.

Government is a necessary evil, but it should never be forgotten that it is evil.  Because it is evil it should be kept small and easy to kill.

Government officials should live in terror that their position will be dissolved.  "It's Wednesday and we feel like firing you," is enough reason for the people to get rid of any functionary.  For elected officials we'll agree to wait for the next election to discard on whim, but we should demand a method for unassing the slot for cause.

1 comment:

  1. You might enjoy this book: http://www.amazon.com/Most-Dangerous-Superstition-Larken-Rose/dp/145075063X

    Small and easy to kill? Works for me. Well said!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.