14 January 2015

Yikes

Alternate Title: It happened again.

Starting to see 5.56 gun blown up by chambering a .300 Blackout about as often as someone blowing up a Glock now.

As the link says, pay attention to what you're doing!

We probably didn't hear about this from the .300 Whisper crowd because it was never really popular.

There are lots of things you can do to guard against doing this, one of them picks at an advertised advantage of .300 over 6.8 or 6.5; that it uses the same magazines as 5.56.  Dedicating specific magazines to each caliber and marking them clearly mitigates caliber confusion somewhat.

1 comment:

  1. This resonates with me because when I was young I shot a .30-06 for deer, while pretty much all my uncles, cousins, and dad shot a 270. Those that know rifles know why my dad used to absolutely drill into my head that I MUST know AT ALL TIMES where every one of my cartridges were, and that they MUST be kept in such a way that one of the hapless 270 toters didn't grab one of mine and put himself unto orbit. And yes, my uncles rifle would absolutely chamber an ought-six round.

    I got my arse chewed harder than I can describe one day when I sent a 270 downrange one day out of my ought-six. Made a weird sound, and a fireball like you've never seen. Dad was pissed because I wasn't paying better attention.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.