14 January 2015

Unwants

There are a few guns in my collection that I own merely because I used to own one like it.

Yet there are a couple of guns I've owned (or been issued) that have zero nostalgic value.

I don't see me ever owning a Mini-14 again.

I've bought recreations of every non-crew gun I was ever issued; except an M9.

I've no fascination with anything Soviet in 7.62x39.

Seems a short list, but I can honestly say there are guns I don't want and guns I won't own that are good guns.

1 comment:

  1. Any military pattern rifle beyond the 03 Springfield has little attention from me. Don't want an AR. Could care less.

    I'm one of those rare dudes where all my guns have a purpose.

    I've got my goose gun (benelli super nova)

    I've got my upland gun. (Remington 1100 in 20 gauge).

    My ATV gun (h&r single shot 20 gauge)

    My boat gun (Remington 870 expreds magnum 12 gauge)

    My coyote rifle, my deer rifle, and my "everything bigger than a deer" rifle (ruger m77 m2 in .243, .270. And .300 win mag, respectively.

    I've got my smoke pole (Hawken 50 cal) for deer and elk.

    And finally, a couple heirloom guns that got left to me by deceased relatives.

    Other than my pistols, they all have a use, and that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.