23 October 2017

Lacking Skills

The Lovely Harvey decided, yesterday afternoon, that we would be remodeling The Boy's bedroom.

He's kicked a fair number of holes in the sheet-rock of the walls over the years.

We've replaced that with 40" of wood paneling.

In her mind, Harvey, thought this would take three hours, tops.

It was more like 11 hours, including an hour going to Home Depot to get the stuff she didn't realize we'd need, like base-boards.

We still need to paint, but that's in HER wheel-house.

Even unpainted, it looks a lot better in there.

I'm hurtin' though.

Thursday I chased The Boy about a mile in a pursuit that culminated in his going to the hospital for an intensive drug evaluation.  He gets to come home tomorrow.

His cocktail was definitely all wrong.

The deputies who came to help were excellent with him and he almost immediately requested to go to the hospital instead of home.  He knows something is wrong and doesn't like the wrongness.

One of the responding deputies was the same one who arrested me back in February.  He was thrilled to find that charges had been dropped in my case.  He even gave me a ride home.  He was also thrilled that there's no animosity on my end.  I pronounce, now, that if I get him where I can talk to him off duty I would like to buy him a drink and continue our discussion about guns!

It's hard to post to your blog when you're committing carpentry.

1 comment:

  1. I might have tried to convince her frp paneling was more appropriate. But huzzah for carpentry!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.