16 October 2017

Malfunction

Yesterday on my first string of fire, my Browning Hi-Power had a failure to extract the fourth shot fired.

Up to that point I was four for four.

In GURPS, this result is impossible.

The Malf number for a normal TL6+ firearm is 17.

So to get a malfunction, I would have had to have rolled a 17 or 18.

Since we established earlier that my effective skill at this event is a 13, a 17 or 18 should be a miss...

But I hit THEN it malf'd.

It did bring home that I need to work on some malfunction drills.

2 comments:

  1. Do you check for accumulated gunk under the extractor when cleaning?

    That solved occasional failure to extract issues in my Argentine FM Hi-Power.

    Your mileage will almost certainly vary. :)

    Especially as I wasn't especially diligent about cleaning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swept under the hook with my finger between heats and it didn't fail again yesterday.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.