21 October 2017

Free Fall

Reading this reminds of my flight home from being in the Army.

We'd just taken off from Philadelphia.

I was in the aft row with a stewardess flight attendant strapped into a seat on the bulkhead facing up the aisle (DC-9 or MD-80 IIRC).

A few minutes into the flight the engines powered back, all normal after climb out then suddenly I got light in my seat.

Then the engines spooled right back up and the zero G feeling got more obvious.

The pilot put the nose down and the falling feeling subsided.

During this, though, I looked over at the stewardess flight attendant.  Her face was a frozen mask of fear locked in a silent scream.

There was a real, "oh fuck, this is serious" moment there.

The pilot explained, once we were flying again, that we'd flown into unexpected windshear and drinks were on American Airlines until initial approach to St Louis.

I had a Jack and Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.