08 October 2017

The Lovely Harvey Speaks

Here is my rant, it is pretty long.Lets see, first my heart goes out to everyone involved in the senseless violence that is happening. Second, I do not care what sex, color or gender you think you are or are not. Whatever we are all people, that being said people seem to only want to focus on the negative in their life and in the world. I get it it is hard to find good things to hold on to and believe in.

I want to start with our former president. I disliked him, but if I said anything I was a racist. No, I just don't agree with everything he did and I certainly don't agree with the way he fought for the American people to not see a birth certificate. There were sites and people that spoke out against him and there were meme's, but the former president did everything he could to stop those sites from existing. I have a teddy bear that says “no thanks keep the change” I find it amusing and it sits on my gun rack and I was a lucky one, because he had the site shut down. So, unless you were in direct company you didn't hear or see much regarding the dislike.

Now our current president. A lot of people dislike him and spew whatever they want and share all sorts of memes about him. Again I don't like everything he does or says. What I'm tired of is everyday having to not only hear the crap in different places but I can't even enjoy Facebook because individuals want to sit on their couches and do nothing but talk trash. Most of the sites I see things posted from are not legit sites. And anyone can make a meme. Enough already, besides do you really want the vice president running things if the president is removed from office. I know most that are yelling for him to be removed want the other candidate in office, yeah that is not going to happen during this four year cycle.

Next up religion. I am very thankful everyone believes in something no matter what it is and yes if you believe in nothing you still believe. I am very flipping tired of having 20 or more posts every day telling me I will go to hell if I don't share this image of Jesus. Or If I don't share or type amen I have no heart. Do you really think that crap is going to make someone change their beliefs? And why do you feel the need to shove your belief down my throat. I have blocked as many sites as possible and have unfollowed/ unfriended a lot of people for this crap. Seriously, if sharing a photo-shop picture of a cloud that you think looks like Jesus is all it takes to save your soul, I can make you a thousand of them and will send every one of them to you but STOP sending the flipping chain letters about it. I have my belief and it took me a long time to figure it out. If you really knew me you would understand and I would not have to see this sort of thing all day. I will be more then happy to reciprocate the gesture and send you my beliefs every day all day. What do you think about that?

Gay marriages. Let them marry, if you are in love have a great time. I hear people say will ruin the sanctity of marriage? Have you seen the divorce rate? Nothing can ruin what people don't really believe is a commitment anymore. Besides most gay couples I know have been together longer then the straight couples I know. While we are on that subject, lets talk about transgender. Everyone is worried about the bathroom they use. HELLO McFLY, this isn't something new, don't you think they have been using the bathrooms they are most comfortable in for years. Let that sink in.

Growing up every business had a sign that said “no shirt no shoes no service” another that said “management has the right to refuse service” and another that said “no animals.” Today if any business tries to deny service to anyone no matter what reason, you get sued and slandered all over the news. We hear the person or people that were refused service saying it was a racist or discriminatory thing. Very rarely do we actually hear a outcome. And put a chihuahua in a purse and it is a anxiety animal. Give me a break. I don't completely understand anxiety though I am learning but enough people. Let me be in a supermarket and see someone walking around with a snake because they have anxiety, that would not be a good thing. Just because something helps you doesn't mean it won't make someone elses anxiety increase.

There's what I call morons kneeling during the National Anthem. They are protesting violence you say? Stop it, they are on the job and are paid to do a job. If we protested while getting paid we would nave no job to go too. Some of you want to say, we kneel to our lord, I call BS. They aren't praying and TeBow got in trouble for praying but this is okay? Religion isn't allowed in workplace remember? And just for the record any parent that teaches their child to disrespect the flag like that and tells them they don't have to stand needs to pack and up and leave. You and your family obviously don't care about why or how we got the freedoms we do and don't care about those that sacrificed for your freedoms.

Over the years many friends and I that don't agree on certain subject have said we will agree to disagree. I don't know with the way the world is going if that is possible anymore. As good of friends as we may be or as much as we may love each other, some of these issues will end up separating us.
I grew up with a gun in the house. My pa hunted and has until just recently. Everyone seems divided by the second amendment.

When mass shootings happen, a lot of people who don't believe we should have guns start screaming for gun control or gun bans. If I recall correctly, these mass shootings the majority of the time, happen in places were guns are banned from being carried.. Before we get into that, if you look at the current laws, every madman involved in the shootings broke most of the guns law before they started shooting. So, putting more in place is only going to make it tougher for law abiding citizens to get them. Now a little off subject, McVay didn't use a gun, the 9/11 highjackings didn't use a gun. We we going to ban the devices and items they used? I didn't think so. That aside lets look at other murder's, Manson, Bundy, Casey, none of them used guns to kill their victims.

Now for those who have a difference in opinions, you say we need to ban guns, which means the men you have decide will protect us can have the guns and they will be sent to collect the average citizens guns by whatever means necessary? What about those that get killed in the confiscation of the guns? Is that just collateral damage, is that okay, where is the love now? Banning guns punishes millions for the actions of a few. Leaving guns in the hands of those that are suppose to protect us and the criminals. Criminals have already proven they don't care about the laws.

That leaves us with those that are suppose to protect us. We have protest after protest because of the excess violence and force that these men and women bring down on others and not just criminals. There are innocent people that are bullied, maced, man-handled and in some cases killed just because, name the excuse those that are to protect us what to use. I am not by any means saying all of them, in actuality it is probably less then 0.5% but those are the ones the get the attention. Many of them do their jobs well and I'm sure it is not easy.

My big guy (Ed- The Boy) was a victim of this, I'm afraid of what would have happened if I wasn't there. The Autistic child who was playing with a toy truck in Miami, whos care giver was shot because it was thought the child had a gun. Really? A friends 14 year old who was taken down and man-handled because he has autism and didn't know how to answer the questions he was asked. And you want to take my ability to protect big guy away from me.

Lets forget about that for a moment, lets talk about a category 5 hurricane. You want to have no way to protect yourself from looters and scavengers if a direct hit happens. Why don't you go talk to the victims of Katrina about what really happened. I'm sure there are those with nothing after the storm takes everything out would really enjoy being able to shoot a rabbit or a deer so they have food to eat. If we only leave it up to those that are to protect us, how many of us will die?

1 comment:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.