25 October 2017

I'm Not Conflicted

Bergdahl's lawyer says that jail time should be taken off the table to insure that the sentencing is fair?

I am OK with that.

I completely agree that soon to be former sergeant Bergdahl does not deserve prison for his actions.

If we can't find a willing volunteer to carry out the appropriate sentence, I will provide my own gun and ammunition.

We don't even need a squad.

We won't even need the conceit of a blank round.

I suspect that getting the firing party down to a division will be a trick if we accept volunteers though.

4 comments:

  1. Bullets cost money. A rope is reusable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a generous soul, I will just absorb the cost of the ammunition I expend on this civic duty.

      It's the least I can do as a citizen and veteran.

      Delete
  2. I think they need to drop him in the middle of Death Valley in his skivies. That way, when the sun finally turns him into shoe leather, he was let go (to satisfy those that wanted him freed) and given the punishment he deserved. (For those that think desertion in war calls for a punishment more drastic that time in prison)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we should just let him go .


    From , say, 8,000 feet or so .

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.