14 August 2009

Quantification

I've heard three times this week alone that President Obama is a million times better than former President Bush (43).

Quantify that.

Is it because Obama pushed for and got the repeal of the PATRIOT act?

Is it because Obama closed the prison at Gitmo?

Is it because he withdrew our troops from both Iraq and Afghanistan?

I am sure there are other things he's stopped doing that I've heard Bush condemned for.

I have also heard that Bush sat around looking for ways to screw us. Such as? I want to hear how a law he signed or and executive order he penned affected YOU PERSONALLY. Not how it affected a friend or someone you heard about or something you read about, HOW IT DIRECTLY SCREWED YOU PERSONALLY!!

I know how I got screwed by every president who did it. I can name it. President Reagan signed a bill into law that has made machineguns stupid expensive by cutting off new manufacture for civilians. Presidents Bush (41), Clinton and Bush (43) have all issued executive orders preventing the importation of firearms, firearms parts and ammunition that increase the cost of my hobby. President Clinton signed both the Brady Act and the Assault Weapons Ban. President Bush signed that damnable PATRIOT act.

The president's impact on my life pales compared to the impact that Congress has. By signing these abysmal things into law he is merely an accomplice after the fact. I've said that we needed a constitutional amendment that forbids Congress from passing more than one line item at a time since 1988! If we'd had to debate every provision of every huge bill I doubt we'd have gotten the MG ban, most of the Patriot Act, the incumbent protection act, either of the stimulus packages and we'd have read the cap-n-tax and Healthenampt bills before they went to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.