11 August 2009

Harvey's Birthday Present



Her name is Cherri.




It's an EMF Hartford 1892 Saddle Ring Carbine. 20" barrel, 10 shot, .357 Magnum.


The lever action used to be the most common rifle type in the United States. The AR is definitely one of the the most popular now. Admittedly, the most common lever action was (perhaps is) the Winchester 1894 in .30-30; not an 1892 in .357, but the other marks of Winchester meant 'rifle' for nearly a century.

Here they are together.


This gift was a lot of fun for me. Harvey loves .357s. Her very first gun was a S&W in .357 SIG. She's been into .357 Magnum since she got a Ruger Blackhawk and a S&W 640. She was excited by the idea of a rifle in .357 when she heard that such were available.

I hit gunbroker and located several lever actions in her caliber and we looked at pictures and she decided what model and configuration she liked best. I then, secretly, bought it for her and sat on it for months. Like since November last year. She'd made me promise to not get any more guns until she had her .357 and I had apparently broken that promise a couple of times. Tee hee! I hadn't, but I couldn't tell her that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.