04 March 2015

ARRRRRRRGH

There is nothing so frustrating as trying out an unfamiliar design system in a game and having your numbers not match the samples.

GURPS: Traveller Interstellar Wars I am looking at you!

I can't get my numbers to match their numbers for the Iiken class scout-courier.

I can get very close, but not quite.  I'm using the number of systems they say they used but I end up with seven dTons of extra cargo space; 5.6 tons heavier empty and 21.8 tons heavier loaded which is doubly wrong because 7 extra tons of cargo space should make it 35 tons too heavy all alone, so it should be 40.6 tons overweight if all the assumptions were the same.

ISW is another example of the ship rules changing things so that the feel is altered.  It doesn't feel like Traveller anymore.

On the plus side, it's sure an interesting part of the Traveller history and set so far in the past of the more normal Third Imperium that maybe it shouldn't feel like Traveller.

Update:

The feel of the ship design comes pre-disrupted by the change in fuel requirements.  GURPS fusion power plant don't consume tons and tons of liquid hydrogen every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.