19 February 2014

A Box My Kingdom For A Box

A C7 upper does not fit in a small flat rate box.  An A1 upper does, a slick sided one does as well.

The C7 has the carry handle, forward assist and the brass deflector.

Combined, they conspire to keep it from fitting.

So a much larger box was needed.

Wal Mart was out.

The medium flat rate box would work, but the flat rate is more than priority mail for that size box if you can find one at a store.

Staples had it, and that's a six mile drive from my house.

SIGH.

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh, go to the Post Office and get a box, some are free and you can reverse them when assembling. And if you are not near a post office, well, then you are in trouble ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that the post office only had the small flat-rate boxes in the rack at the time. They were my first stop, actually.

      My intent was to get everything all ready before the counter opened so that I could get everything done before going to the VA to be prodded and poked and be assured that I am indeed still crippled.

      I had forgotten to take into account that the automated 24-7 portion of the post office might not be fully stocked on the free flat-rate boxes.

      I had also considered just using the 24x24x24 cube Wal Mart did have in stock JUST to mess with the buyer.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.