24 February 2014

Common Use

Basing a large part of our argument on "common use" scares the snot out of me.

It essentially precludes advancing beyond the present.

Gauss rifles are not in common use today are they?  Nor are lasers.

There's large classes of firearms that are presently heavily restricted and not in common use because of that heavy restriction.  Basically anything NFA comes to mind.

I know only one other person personally who has anything NFA.  Me and one guy among a large group of gun owning people.  And it's short barreled guns not something really cool like a machine gun or suppressor.

I'd feel better about it if, perhaps, we got an amnesty.  The law allows for periodic amnesties, and there has been exactly one.  It ended before I was born, in fact.  Getting the amnesty and enough "new" guns registered to change NFA items to common use would suit me.  Then we can use that to nuke the whole concept of NFA item completely.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.