07 March 2014

Machine Shop

Talked to a former boss of mine.

He's a Type 7 FFL and SOT and has a complete shop for the making of guns.

Using his facilities to make the STEN makes it less ghosty, but a lot more likely.

He suggested that there might even be a legal way for his shop to not officially have made the gun, he's checking.

I think I have a viable way to make it a closed bolt semi-auto.

The Mk 2 STEN has a selector switch.

In semi there's a disconnector that catches the bolt to the rear after one shot and releases it against the sear when the trigger is reset.  It occurs to me that this system can grab the tail of a striker instead of the whole bolt.  It shouldn't take too much effort to make sure the selector does nothing, making it semi-auto only.  My sear is going to be farther forward than the historical gun and the ID of the receiver tube too small for a vintage bolt to fit.

This is exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.