10 November 2013

Kepitelizm

The free market is grounded in trust.

Nothing illustrates that more than what I am doing buying a gun via Gunbroker.

The seller trusts that I will send him the money.  He also trusts that the people running the web site will punish me if I renege on paying for my purchase.  He's got a bit of leverage here since he's in possession of the product, no money no shippy.

As the buyer, I am tossing a non-trivial amount of my hard scraped together cash into an envelope and trusting them to ship the item promised in the auction.

Because I am a C&R FFL and not a more normal one, I also have to trust a third party to accept the shipment of the gun and not substitute a less valuable item in its stead.  Or, worse, claim they never got it and sell it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.