29 July 2014

And This Is Why I Can't Have Liberal Friends

Docs vs Glocks Upheld.

I came across that article from a friend on Facebook.  She quoted the entire first paragraph as the headline.

First off, those accidents are getting rarer, not increasing.

Second they're so vanishingly rare that accidental gun deaths aren't even called out in their own category in nearly every place I can find data.  Swimming pools, falls and accidental poisonings do get their own categories though.

Then let's notice all of the links in the article lead to other news agencies these fuckers are group-thinking cannibals of the first order.  They don't link to data, they link to anecdotes.

My reply to her link was why do we single Florida out concerning accidental gun deaths?  Why not California?  Why not Seattle, where she lives?  Why not mention the leading cause of accidental child death, drowning?

Because I had not read the article...  Once I had I realized why they mentioned Florida.  We had the temerity to try and tell Doctors they were exceeding their authority.  Never mind that we'd been trying for years to convince doctors they were eroding our confidence in their professionalism without getting the congresscritters involved.

It turns out that I was the only person in that Facebook exchange who had bothered to read it.  What was posted was a litany of how evil guns and Florida is and how stupid we are because of the 2000 elections and shit.

Nearly unanimous in the replies was, "I don't have kids, but..." then a screed about how they don't own guns and they'd especially never own a gun with kids around.  Speaking from experience with both children and guns, I see.

You know what?

I do have a kid.  I have a ton of guns.  I've taken lots of pictures of them, so you can probably make decent estimate of how many.  I have a carry permit and so does The Lovely Harvey.  The Boy is mentally retarded, completely disabled and incompetent to manage his own affairs.  Guess what didn't happen here the entire time he was a child?  He's never shot himself or anything else.  It's because I practice "positive adult control" of my guns and insisted that Harvey do so as well.  The Boy never gets the chance to do something wrong.  It's called being a responsible parent, let alone a responsible gun owner.

I did not need the government to pass a law making me do so.  Love was enough!  I damn sure do not need the family doctor poking his nose into my business and extolling me to do what I'm already doing or to get rid of the guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.