28 July 2014

Kool Aid

Way back when...

Others were drinking deep of the M&P Kool-Aid.

I wanted to drink too.

Marv has drank with his M&P9.

Harvey has drank with her M&P357.

I'm still thirsty.

I guess I am too much of a Glock fanboi or something.

Actually it's because there are so many shinier options out there that I can't seem to settle down and save for a gun they're still making while there's desirable guns to snag before they reach Country Club levels of appreciation.  Like all the AR's...

A unicorn gun of mine for a while was a Colt Anaconda in .45 Colt.  I originally had a brand new 4" one way back in 1992 for the princely sum of $450.  Have you looked lately?  I was happy to replace it with a 6" for $1,100 in late 2007 and prices seem to have continued to climb.

It came to me that I am happy I bought my Garand when I did.  This is because I remember when I couldn't afford a $450 Blue Sky in '94.  What are those running now?  I paid $1,250 for a shooter.  And that was just a couple three years ago.  Prices seem to be holding steady because some people are buying Garands from the Civilian Marksmanship Program and then flipping them for a profit.

I remember wanting all manner of surplus rifles over the years and watching the prices remain just out of reach despite my income increasing.

It has a chilling effect on wanting a new gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.