24 July 2014

Additional Engineering

When I started higher education my original goal was going to be psychology.

I made it pretty far before I discovered that I loved the material, but would have loathed the job.

Then I punted, transferred my credits to a community college and got an associates in drafting and machine design.

The post about citations jarred loose memory about attitude.

In psychology, getting credit is paramount.  You do not use someone else's ideas, work or words without giving credit in a standardized means in your work.

In machine design, you don't mention where an idea came from, ever.  But you damn sure make certain that patents and trademarks are respected and licenses paid.

Credit is nice, but filthy lucre spends better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.