24 February 2017

Blem Kit

Palmetto's launch of their Generation 2 kits has been rocky to say the least.

My kit seems much better than what many people got.

I took pictures of the problem areas others had.

The lower handguard retainer is a bone of contention with Palmetto cutting a double slot for a future development.  Mine is only very slightly oblong.


The cast bolt carrier that happens at the "Freedom" level has bother a lot of people.

Mine doesn't appear to be too rough, but if they're offering a free upgrade to forged, why not take them up on it?


They have been fully blasted for using a roll pin to retain the gas piston.


One person in particular had atrocious machining for the bolt-cam surface.

Mine's fine.


6 comments:

  1. damn, wish i had known this before i ordered one. haven't shipped yet, i called, they told me about the cast parts and that they were replacing those parts before they ship any more uppers. all i can do is hope, since they got my money already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh... I'll pass, don't need another @*&$^$ caliber to have to buy ammo for! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd already added this cartridge to my dump when I got the PAP M59/66A1 (aka Yugo SKS).

      The round I've been avoiding is 5.45x39mm and a Polish Wz.88 Tantal.

      Delete
  3. Meh... I already stock 42 different cartridges not counting shotguns, what would another one be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I re-counted and it is 44...

      Delete
    2. We just stock 22 chamberings. But then, I've been actively avoiding the increases.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.