28 July 2013

Herk Daily

Herk was on CPAP all night and switched to regular oxygen about an hour ago, breathing all on his own through his trach collar! Last time he failed this in less than a minute. Sitting in the chair today when I got here and full of piss and vinegar! Giving me some all too familiar faces and hand gestures, actually making me laugh today! He is able to push himself forward in the chair to sit up and make himself comfortable. Today is much more encouraging than the last few, hopefully he is willing to follow some commands now too!

This seems a bright spot.  I'll attach some hope to this!

1 comment:

  1. Very bright indeed. Progress may be painfully slow, but this definitely appears to be progress. Anything he can do once, he should be able to do again.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.