08 July 2013

If It Is Not Broken

Don't fix it, stupid.

Kaylee's rear sight is almost all the way to the right.  She was zeroed, but I was almost out of windage.

So I took it upon myself to see if I could shift the barrel a little in its slot in the upper so that I could get the rear sight a little more centered.

I have ruined the barrel nut.

At minimum torque, the slot in the nut is exactly one half a tooth off.  Torquing it down to the next tooth, like you're supposed to, sheared off several teeth.  Bunged up the delta ring but good too.

Dammit.

I'm not even sure where this nut came from originally either.  The nut has to have come from J&T because I'd never had the FSB off before today and the barrel came from them.

Walk of shame to Brownell's...  Going to give that Core 15 Stressproof ® barrel nut a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.