22 July 2013

Hard To Hang On To The Hope

CPAP trials today are still not showing enough improvement to be extubated, he tires after a couple hours. Unless there are some massive changes today, he is being prepped for a trachea tube tomorrow morning. Some come off the vent faster on a trach, so I kind of would have rather them prepared him for it today. His right side is weak so they are worried about the right side of his throat as well as far as protecting his airways. The tube being out may even wake him more. He has had his eyes open a lot today, let him read some twitter feeds and he responds to commands for me but not as well for the Dr and they are the ones that need to we it. Nothing else planned for today so I will update tomorrow. Visiting only until 5pm tonight so he can rest before the procedure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.