13 July 2013

Shotty Shooty

Took the newly Magpulated 870 out to the range this afternoon.

Marv took his new KSG.

The 870 shoots right to the point of aim, just like it did 20 years ago when I put it in the back of the gun safe.  Kicks pretty damn stoutly as I remembered too.  Bwahahahahah!

I don't think there was a lot of difference in how hard it hits the shoulder compared to the wood stock.  The lower mass and softer butt pad probably add up to the same perception.  Muzzle rise is definitely less than before.

The Choate sling mount and magazine clamp finally gave up the ghost though.  I've replaced it with a Magpul forward sling mount I bought from the range, but I didn't get a QD swivel because they were out.

I really like the KSG, but...

The magazine selector lever has a tendency to center, and in the center position, that's no feed.  It did it to me twice.  I short stroked it a couple of times too, but that was just being unfamiliar.

The inline arrangement was outstanding for recoil.  I loved that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.