02 June 2015

Let There Be Light

First, 40w bulbs in a 25w max socket is hard on the phenolic sockets and the wires.

Second, the headboard fixture CAME with 40w bulbs installed.

The fixture on the left had died, the center one flickered.


All better!

Two out of three sockets replaced with porcelain, third on order.

40w incandescent replaced with 7.5w (60w equivalent) LED.  The output is much higher, I think since the 40w GE Reveal brand are 240 lumen and the Ecosmart are rated at 500 lumen.

I've already noticed the reduced heat output.


Dimmable too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.