28 June 2015

Vacation Downtown Indy

Over three days I visited several places around Indy.

Everything is below the cut just to keep this manageable.





After the Indianapolis Motor Speedway I went to one of Tam's familiar haunts, 20 Tap, and had the Cobb salad she recommended.

If you find yourself in Broad Ripple, do it!  It's so good I forgot to snap a picture.

On the way back to my host, I stopped by Sun King Brewing.


Top row L-R: Sunlight Cream Ale, Wee Mac Scottish Ale, Osiris Pale Ale.
Bottom row L-R: Big H Hefeweizen, Pop Corn Pilsner, Jani IPA.

Brought a 4-pack each of the top row home with me.  The only one I didn't like was the Popcorn...

I bought a large growler of the Big H, but it was uncontainable and sadly it needed to be drank to prevent further leakage.

The next day we tried to do the Sailors and Soldier's Monument.  Double fail.  Closed for renovations and some sort of youth gymnastics thing going on closing off much of the circle.

Got a pic though.


Climbed the stairs to the top of The Indian War Memorial.  Locked tight as a drum despite the web page assuring us that it was well within business hours.

Took a pic of the obelisk while I was up there.


I have to say that Indy really does monuments right!

Then we schlepped over to The Mass Ave Pub for lunch.



When confronted with the beer choices the waitress said, "I will remove thought from the decision making process!" then asked, "do you like root-beer?"  I said that I did.

She brought back this...

5.9% ABV root beer.  Not even a whiff off alcohol flavor or odor.  It tastes just like a soda.

For some reason the breaded pork tenderloin disappears from menus right about the same place geographically as when the stop asking hot or iced and start asking sweet or unsweet.  They even had the proper tots!

There's even art everywhere.



The third day started with lunch at The Slippery Noodle, which despite my never hearing of it before, is famous.  I don't get out much.

Then to the canals!


There were ducklings too!


Mama kept an eye on us to make sure that the peeking didn't become Peking.


While down there I visited the USS Indianapolis (CA-35) Memorial.


In keeping with the "Indiana is Closed for McThag's Vacation" theme, the revisit to the Ropkey Armor Collection was thwarted by their M-W only hours, the alternate venue...


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.