19 September 2017

Is That Vein In Your Forehead Supposed To Pulse Like That?

Cough cough cough years ago I processed out of the Army at Ft Dix.

My last interaction with an NCO concerned the state of the barracks I'd slept in the night before, which were a shambles I had not actually contributed to.

He ordered everyone off the bus to clean said barracks before we'd be allowed to leave. The driver warned that the next, and last bus, was in six hours.

I remained in my seat.

The NCO came back to scream at me to get off the FUCKING bus.

I stared blankly for a moment and asked, "That's not how you were taught to address a civilian, is it?"

"What?!?!" he smartly replied.

"I mean," I said, "we can have a talk with your commanding officer about how you're harassing civilians if you really want, but I'd just assume drop it and continue my bus trip."

He screamed at me some more, issuing dire threats about refusing to obey and order and insubordination that had no bearing on me as a civilian, but would have been serious stuff just an hour before my orders were finalized...

The driver ended the debate by putting the bus into gear. Mr NCO took the hint and got off the bus without me.

Of note was his not calling for, or getting help from anyone else still in uniform.  When the MP can hear the screaming and doesn't do more than grin a bit, you know you're not going to have to give up your seat on the bus and clean someone else's mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.