11 September 2017

Pit Bull Attack

Went out this morning and discovered a scared pitbull wandering my front yard.

It wasn't being threatening, just being scared so we gave it a wide berth and hoped it would find its humans.

A bit later I decided to return the next door neighbor's mail box that Irma had redistributed to my yard last night.  The dog followed me up to their house and I got penned in between their porch gate and their car.

When I tried to ease past the dog, it got all threatening and when I was trying to decide what to do, bit me!


A nip, really.  The dog was lost and frightened.

Well, now, feelings are hurt and the cops are involved.

The next door neighbors knew whose dog it was and the deputies got him to come retrieve the thing from where it was hiding under a car.

Now they're explaining responsibilities to him while he's trying to pin ownership of the dog on his girlfriend.

Everything should come out OK.

Update:  The owner came by and apologized profusely.  He seems a nice enough guy who genuinely feels bad his dog got out and bit someone.  I'm not really hurt, so I can forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.