21 October 2024

A Quibble

In The Three Musketeers Planchet is not a squire.

Planchet is a lackey.

Despite the modern usage of the term as a toady, in the 1600's it's an honorable profession.

The amusing thing is that this came up during gaming once.

A player was looking for a way to make his character fit in and I suggested the job of lackey.

He initially balked, but I got to explain that it was much sought after position.

A noble gentleman without a lackey is less than whole.

Batman and valet are equivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.