21 October 2024

NIMBY

We have a "low barrier" homeless shelter near here.

It's on the grounds of a defunct assisted care living facility.

It's a bunch of one-room mini-houses and what I'd call FEMA trailers.

Joy.

What low barrier means is homeless people who are ineligible for normal shelters because of their criminal and/or drug histories.

It has a decidedly temporary appearance, and I hope that it is.

The people it's intended for are NOT good neighbors.

I am not sure if it's a coincidence, or not, that we had someone riding our doorbell at 0430 this morning.

That stopped when both Harvey and I lit up the window in the front door with our weapon lights.

I don't want that to become a regular occurrence.  Someone is liable to get shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.