22 June 2011

I used to be smart.

When I learn for myself, I learn quickly and completely.

When I am learning because I am supposed to know or am required to know it for no apparent reason I don't learn it well at all.

I once took the test to join Mensa.  I passed.  I declined to join.  I did it to prove something to myself and I discovered that the local Mensa group should just tattoo their IQ on their foreheads.  It would save time.

What I have not been doing since I left college is doing much learning.

I can clearly remember that I used to know how to do some things, but I can't do them any more.

I once could have calculated what the recoil of the GAU-8 gun was in g when fired from an A-10A in a 30˚ dive.  I can't remember how to do that now.  I tried.  It's clearly NOT 3.8g.  An A-10 doesn't shed nearly 100 mph in a 1 second burst.

Your brain is like a muscle, use it or lose it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.