19 June 2017

Bowling Pins

Bowling pins are a lot easier than biathlon, you're not gasping for air!

Since we'd gone to the range to confirm that Marv's SBR was repaired and to play with subsonic ammo, we'd not brought a suitable gun for the match with us.

The gun we shared was the range's M&P 9, because we're both familiar with the model.

It had a noticeably better trigger than mine, and I asked about that.  Just lots and lots of rounds smoothing out the burrs.

I apologize to Marv for taking away the. "it's the gun" excuse.  But this is illustrative of how mechanical zero and personal zero can differ.  The sights were dead on for me, Marv felt they were shooting low.

I've seen this before.  Sights that are dialed in for me shoot left for Willard.

1 comment:

  1. OH yeah, that is a 'typical' problem if folks 'tune' their sights.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.